The in-vehicle Trackstar unit provides the vehicle's exact location, speed and direction using GPS positioning. This technology does not rely on the stolen vehicle being near to an appropriately equipped police car, and therefore means tracking can commence quickly and effectively even if a police car is not immediately available.
- Leading edge GPS and integrated Motion Sensor technology
- Operational 24 hours a day 365 days a year via the Trafficmaster Control Centre
- Trackstar is the only Stolen Vehicle Tracking product approved by Jaguar, Land Rover, Range Rover and BMW
- Approved by over 20 major car manufacturers
- Low quiescent drain (compared to many competitor systems)
- Full conformance and electro-magnetic compatibility testing backed by the appropriate manufacturer warranty
- Pan-European Cover as standard (with priority access to the police in more than 44 European countries) and unlimited usage roaming SIM card
- Endorsed by all Police Authorities
- Protects against unauthorised movement
- Activates automatically when you leave the vehicle
- Detects if the vehicle is towed away
- Detects if the vehicle battery is disconnected
- Detects attempts to tamper with the tracking system
- Recovery of assets from as little as 8 minutes!
- Insurance approved – may reduce premiums
- Meets The British Insurance Industry's Quality Accreditation Process
- Approved for both Thatcham Category 5 and Category 6*
- See below for the Trackstar CAT5 additional features.
Vehicle theft is an unfortunate fact of modern living. However, with the comprehensive security systems new vehicles offer, you are covered against most types of potential car theft. Despite this fact, the ever increasing levels of sophistication in car/key theft mean you don't always know who is around the corner.
Vehicle theft is as inconvenient as it is distressing and there is a strong possibility that, without Trackstar, your vehicle may never be recovered!
*CAT6 Trackstar Protector2
Trackstar CAT5 is a Thatcham Category 5 system for vehicle theft detection and recovery.
In addition to the above features the Trackstar CAT5 system has a unique wireless tag paired to the tracking unit.
- If this tag is not present, the system sends an alarm when the car is driven off.
The monitoring centre will then attempt to call the driver or owner to verify if there is a theft situation, and track the car.
This process is designed to address 'key theft' and ensures that the police are notified at the earliest opportunity.
The engine can be prevented from starting by a remote command from the monitoring centre.